Thursday, November 06, 2014

que sera

There are hundreds - nay, thousands - of movie blogs on the web.  Too many.  It can be overwhelming to those film freaks compelled to sample them all.  Personally, I reduced my movie-blog perusing to one, Vienna’s Classic Hollywood, which is hands-down, inarguably, the best.

Vienna's goal is simple - to treat us to an array of movie stills, posters and especially rare production shots, such as the one above of Vera Miles in a costume check when she was getting ready to star for Hitchcock as Madeleine/Judy in "Vertigo."  Vera left the production, of course, and Kim Novak came on board, turning in an iconic breakthrough performance.

It's difficult to separate Novak from"Vertigo," and one can only imagine how Miles would have read the role(s) if her pregnancy hadn't intruded.

I hope Vienna doesn't mind that I "borrowed" this shot from her site, but what better way to introduce you to Vienna's most essential blog?

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Love this! I'll definitely check out Vienna's site. Thanks!

jesse said...

Amazing shot. Never saw that before.

Ginger said...

Fab-u-lous!

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for mentioning my blog.
I too love The Apartment. I'm all for happy endings.

joe baltake said...

Vienna- Your site is an essential. -J